The girls were born on November 16th, 2007, 16 weeks early. Mallory Kate – 1 lb 8 oz, Evan Reese – 1 lb 1 oz, and Kelby Grace – 1 lb 5 oz. Upon their delivery, Mallory and Kelby were transferred to St. David’s South and were doing fairly well considering the circumstances. Our little Evan Reese was a fighter, but she had a lot of problems and she was with us for about 5 hours. We love you Evan and we miss you everyday, but we know we’ll see you again one day. Mallory and Kelby both went through a lot in their 105 day stay in the hospital, from heart surgeries, to brain bleeds, to infections. Many prayers were answered and we thank God everyday for everything He has done for them. Today they are perfectly healthy and growing bigger and stronger everyday. We started this blog to keep everybody updated on their progress. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page for a slideshow from the NICU days.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potty Training.

Whew! Seriously can not believe how fast time has been flying! It has been little busy at in our neck of the woods lately. Jeremy is studying for his PE exam (take 2) and attending a prep course for the last 5 Saturdays. Which has left the girls and I entertaining ourselves 6 days a week. I love the time with just the girls and makes me appreciate even more how much Jeremy helps me and plays with the girls.

I had a wild hair to try potty training a few weeks ago. The girls had pulled a stunt with taking their diapers off during nap time and a few other Mom's I knew made it seem not near as bad as I envisioned. So not expecting the girls to really be ready just yet and figuring we would go back to diapers with in two days, I gave it a shot! However, the girls fooled me and some what caught on, so I can't go back now! They LOVE their Dora panties and refuse to wear anything else. Needless to say if I had a nickel for every time I have said "Do you need to potty?, keep your panties dry" over the last three weeks I would be a rich Momma!

Kelby has a better hang of it and actually, today, pooped in the potty. Mallory thinks it is more fun to sit on the potty with your panties on, which defeats the purpose of keeping them dry.
- Sorry I know many of you could care less about potty training, and honestly before kids I rolled my eyes at parents that went on and on about the whole process. HOWEVER, now that I have been over my head in the whole ordeal, I feel the need to be one of those parents and ramble on! Plus it is a big mile stone that needs stamped and celebrated! -
On a rough estimate once the girls graduate fully to panties we will save $160 in diapers and wipes monthly! Now that there is some incentive for Momma and Daddy to hang in there.

Fun and cute pictures have been taken and will be uploaded soon. Hugs to all of our friends and family!! We love you all and miss you bunches!

0 comments: