The girls were born on November 16th, 2007, 16 weeks early. Mallory Kate – 1 lb 8 oz, Evan Reese – 1 lb 1 oz, and Kelby Grace – 1 lb 5 oz. Upon their delivery, Mallory and Kelby were transferred to St. David’s South and were doing fairly well considering the circumstances. Our little Evan Reese was a fighter, but she had a lot of problems and she was with us for about 5 hours. We love you Evan and we miss you everyday, but we know we’ll see you again one day. Mallory and Kelby both went through a lot in their 105 day stay in the hospital, from heart surgeries, to brain bleeds, to infections. Many prayers were answered and we thank God everyday for everything He has done for them. Today they are perfectly healthy and growing bigger and stronger everyday. We started this blog to keep everybody updated on their progress. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page for a slideshow from the NICU days.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Roseola!

Hi! I have a rash....


Want to see it.....

Don't worry it doesn't hurt and I am not contagious. I just look like I have red freckles.


Mallory is cutting teeth and started running fever late Friday evening. (It is like kids know the doctor's office is closed I can get sick now.) Anyway her fever dropped with Tylenol so we assumed it was due to teething. Sunday she had this lovely rash that got worse as the day went on. Nana and Gran guessed it was Roseola. She didn't sleep much Saturday or Sunday night and wouldn't eat for me today so I ran her in just to make sure. Dr. Dudley confirmed the diagnosis. We have Roseola and a slight sore throat. As soon as the fever brakes and the rash starts they are no longer contagious. She feels fine for the most part. While we were there we got the first half of our flu shots. Kelby was rather irritated. This whole guilt by association thing is not fair! Her look to the nurse, clearly stated- "Hey I am not sick. Don't stick me stick my sister!"

0 comments: