The girls were born on November 16th, 2007, 16 weeks early. Mallory Kate – 1 lb 8 oz, Evan Reese – 1 lb 1 oz, and Kelby Grace – 1 lb 5 oz. Upon their delivery, Mallory and Kelby were transferred to St. David’s South and were doing fairly well considering the circumstances. Our little Evan Reese was a fighter, but she had a lot of problems and she was with us for about 5 hours. We love you Evan and we miss you everyday, but we know we’ll see you again one day. Mallory and Kelby both went through a lot in their 105 day stay in the hospital, from heart surgeries, to brain bleeds, to infections. Many prayers were answered and we thank God everyday for everything He has done for them. Today they are perfectly healthy and growing bigger and stronger everyday. We started this blog to keep everybody updated on their progress. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page for a slideshow from the NICU days.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Early Christmas!!!

We went to the hospital last night to see the girls. I started to leave the camera in the car, but decided to take it in case we had a Kodak moment. When we got back to their room their nurse Staci asked if we wanted to hold Mallory. Jeremy and I could not believe it. We were so excited. Staci couldn't believe we had not held them yet. It took some time to get Mallory ready and out of her bed. Finally I got to hold one of my baby girls. It was so awesome. I don't think either of us stopped smiling. She is so beautiful!! We had wires and tubes tapped to both of us. Mallory did great. Jeremy and I each held her for about 30minutes. Then Santa and Mrs. Claus came by and took pictures with them. The hospital is going to send us those.

Kelby was a bit jealous I think. She was getting blood and had to stay in bed. But her settings were so high the whole time- she kept setting of her alarms! We did a finger hold instead. Just as great. I'll hold you soon Miss Kelby, don't worry. :)

In case anyone is looking for us on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day we will be at the NICU holding the girls!!

5 comments:

Melody said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am SO happy for all of you. What a wonderful Christmas present :) See you in a couple of days!!

Shannon said...

So glad for you both. Yeah I'm sure Kelby was like "Whats the deal here people!!!!" I know the NICU is not where you want to be spending the holidays, but the girls will be home soon. Then next year will be a whole lot different with a whole lot of awesome memories. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Love, The Best Family

Aunt Sara said...

I am so excited!! I can't wait to see them tomorrow. Praise the Lord for his sweet goodness!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! What wonderful news! Enjoy your Christmas w/ the girls and take lots of pictures. We cherish our pics from the NICU days. We celebrated Mother's Day and my birthday there.

John said...

What a wonderful Christmas present, to be able to hold the girls. I know that 2008 will not only bring the girls home from the hospital, but will also bring many other excellent and exciting events for you and your family. We love you all,